**During the Covid19 time we are only hosting guests for long term stays in the Downstairs. We are experimenting with a greatly discounted rate of $1550 per month all inclusive with exception of one time $100 cleaning fee. (A six month stay for this rate)
*The Writer’s Studio has a one week minimum — $750.00 per week. There is a one time $100 dollar cleaning fee and 5.7% lodging tax. A special monthly winter rate of $1750.00.
Rates and Policies
Our rates and policies reflect our lifestyle here at Flower Hill Farm Retreat. Our policies are based on a commitment to care for the home and planet in a sustainable and thoughtful way. Be sure to let us know what brings you to the area. We offer discounts for guests coming for workshops at most artist and writing studios in the area, as well as, Snow Farm, Zea Mays Printmaking and Project Art.
- Downstairs Apartment **See above for Covid19 rates and policies.— $190 (*$170 if you are only using *one bedroom) per night, Take $100.00 off for a week stay, for up to 4 guests. *If your stay covers two weekends I cannot give a discount. Always happy to discuss my rates. The living room fireplace works and may be used seasonally, only on approval, for an extra fee to help cover cost of wood. Please ask about the fireplace if it is an important reason you are booking. We cannot promise ahead that it can be used. Add 10 dollars per night for Graduation Weekends.
- Upstairs Apartment — In honor of our 20th!! Anniversary we are now offering our upstairs at a discounted rate for long term retreats for artists and writers. The Artist/Writer-in-Residence stay begins at six months and is renewable for years. *Our Artist/Writer Residency is currently filled. We are excited to have an herbalist/writer/artist with us for the foreseeable future. If you are interested in learning more for down the road please contact us from this website.
- Writer’s Studio — $155 per night. Add 10 dollars per night for Graduation Weekends. **See above for special Covid19 rates and policies.
Renting Downstairs and Studio — $300.00 per night. Add 10 dollars per night for Graduation Weekends.
Dining Room — $150.00 per night
- Monthly Rates depend on season. Ask about our long term rentals in the winter months.
- *There are additional taxes. *5.7% Beginning July 2019.
- A $75 Cleaning Fee is charged for downstairs apartment and studio ($125 for downstairs and studio combined) and also a * $500.00 Security Deposit may be required.
*To confirm All reservations we ask for full payment at the time of your booking. There is no refund unless we are able to rebook for same time booked. Long term bookings can be worked out in monthly payments.
At this time we are not accepting credit cards but may make exceptions. Checks, Money Orders and Direct Deposits.
When we take a reservation, we commit to our guests exclusively. Our spaces or entire retreat are blocked on all the sites we are listed on. And we turn away other guests who call us from this website. Since we only have two spaces available, any refunds on cancellations are given only when we are able to rebook for same amount of time of your booking. Cleaning fees will be refunded. With refunds there is a cancelation fee of $100.00.
*We have three nights minimum for all Graduation weekends and Parents weekends in October.
We have a two-night minimum year round. A three night minimum during College Graduation Weekends.
There is a one night surcharge of 50 dollars for one night stays throughout the year. (when we make exceptions to two nights only)
- Check-in is 4 p.m. or by appointment.
- Check-out time is 11 a.m.
- We ask that you please call a day ahead to confirm your arrival time. Thank you!
- There is no smoking in or near any of our apartments, studio or gardens.
- We honor the Japanese custom of not wearing shoes inside. Please try to bring slippers or ‘indoor only’ shoes with soft soles.
- Our kitchens are vegetarian.