Rates and Policies
Our rates and policies reflect our lifestyle here at Flower Hill Farm Retreat. Our policies are based on a commitment to care for the home and planet in a sustainable and thoughtful way. Be sure to let us know what brings you to the area. We offer discounts for guests coming for workshops at most artist and writing studios in the area, as well as, Snow Farm, Zea Mays Printmaking, Patchwork Farm, and Project Art.
- Downstairs Apartment — $195 ($210 holidays and some weekends) per night, or $1300+ a week, for up to three guests. $25 per night for additional guests. The living room fireplace works and may be used seasonally, only on approval, for an extra fee to help cover cost of wood. Please ask about the fireplace if it is an important reason you are booking. We cannot promise ahead that it can be used. Add 10 dollars per night for Graduation Weekends.
- Upstairs Apartment — $175 ($190 holidays and some weekends)per night, or $1160 a week, for up to two guests. $25 per night for additional guests. Add 10 dollars per night for Graduation Weekends. *Renting Up and Downstairs together is $440 per night. This includes a dinning room between the two apartments. A great place for larger numbers of guests to gather.
- Studio — $160 ($175 holidays and some weekends)per night for up to two guests. Add 10 dollars per night for Graduation Weekends.
Renting Entire House and Studio — Rates are $570 ($590 holidays and some weekends) per night for up to seven guests (+25 per extra guest.) (+30.00 Graduation weekends) Included in rental is a dinning room that seats ten guests.
- Monthly Rates depend on season. Ask about our long term rentals in the winter months.
- For B&B add 50 dollars per night. Includes all B&B amenities
- *There are additional taxes. *5.7% Beginning July 2019.
- A $40/35/25 Cleaning Fee is charged for each apartment and studio ($95 for entire retreat or $60 for just up and downstairs) and also a *Security Deposit may be required.
- Call about pet policy – there is a $50.00 fee.
To confirm most reservations we ask for a 50% deposit. The final payment will be charged two months to two weeks before arrival.
Reserving Apartments or the Studio for Weddings here or in the area, Holidays, Graduation and Parent weekends, as well as, Week and Longer Stays in May, July, August, and October ( plus weekends in Oct.) must be prepaid in full by check and are non-refundable unless we are able to rebook for equal time.
Master Card & Visa, Cash, personal checks in advance of visit, money orders, travelers’ checks and cashier checks are accepted.
When we take a reservation, we commit to our guests exclusively. Our apartments or entire retreat are blocked on all the sites we are listed on. And we turn away other guests who call. Since we only have three spaces, any refunds on cancellations (except for non refundable situations mentioned above & below) require 2 months notice. Sixty-two days before arrival, deposits/payments are refundable only if we are able to rebook the apartments/retreat again for same amount of time booked. There is a cancelation fee of $75.00.
*Holidays, Long weekends, Weddings, Commencement and Parent Weekends, and Week long stays in May, July, August and October (weekends in Oct.), must be prepaid in full and are non refundable unless we book the spaces/retreat again for equal time. We have three nights minimum for all Graduation weekends and Parents weekends in October.
We have a two-night minimum year round. A three night minimum during College Graduation Weekends.
There is an one night surcharge of 50 dollars for one night stays throughout the year.
- Check-in is 4 p.m. or by appointment.
- Check-out time is 11 a.m.
- We ask that you please call a day ahead to confirm your arrival time. Thank you!
- There is no smoking in or near any of our apartments, studio or gardens.
- We honor the Japanese custom of not wearing shoes inside. Please try to bring slippers or ‘indoor only’ shoes with soft soles.
- Our kitchens are vegetarian.